What is 9-1-1?
9-1-1 is the number utilized in North America to report an emergency. Although it is in wide use, it is by no means universal. Rural areas may still utilize seven digit numbers for the police department, fire department, and ambulance services. Check the inside cover of your telephone directory for numbers valid in your area.
The Emergency Communications Center operation is the heart of the public safety system for Knoxville-Knox County. The center operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is responsible for answering 9-1-1 and non-emergency phone lines. Communications personnel also dispatch Police, Fire, Sheriff and Emergency Medical Services to the citizens of Knoxville.
In Case of Emergency
Please call 9-1-1 to request ambulance, fire, or police response or go to your nearest emergency room.
For non-emergency situations, please call 865-215-1179.
2016 Board Meeting Dates
The list of dates for the 2016 KCECD Board meetings is as follows:
- April 18th – Personnel Committee meeting @ 2:00 p.m.
- March 9th – Personnel Committee meeting @ 8:30 a.m.
- January 7th – Personnel Committee meeting at 8:30 a.m.
- April 20th
- June 2nd – Personnel Committee Meeting @ 9:00 a.m.
- June 2nd – Special Called Board Meeting @ 10:00 a.m.
- June 10th – Finance Committee Meeting @ 3:45 p.m.
- June 15th
- June 22nd – Special Called Board Meeting @ 2:00 pm.
- July 19th – Special Callled Board Meeting @ 10:00 a.m.
- September 27th – Finance Committee Meeting @ 8:30 a.m.
- October 19th
All meetings will be held in the multi-purpose room at 605 Bernard Avenue at 8:30 am.