The Knox County Emergency Communications District is an independent political body created under Tennessee State Law and as authorized by referendum by the voters of Knox County, Tennessee. The district is charged with providing emergency 9-1-1 telephone access and emergency dispatching service.
To this end, the district employs 78 persons who are trained in this discipline, and in the necessary managerial and technical support services.
The district operates state of the art communication systems including a modern 9-1-1 center, computer aided dispatch system, and a county-wide radio network serving more than 2000 users.
The district is managed by a full time executive director and staff. Oversight is provided by an eleven member board, the makeup of which is dictated by state law.
DID YOU KNOW…?
The Knox County Emergency Communications District operates one of the larger 9-1-1 centers in the State of Tennessee.
Calls are answered and dispatched from a central facility, by trained personnel who are employed by the District.
Pursuant to state law, oversight is provided by an eleven member board of directors, with daily management and supervision provided by a civilian staff.
Board meetings are open to the public and are normally held in the Multipurpose Room at the 605 Bernard Avenue location.
Members of the Knox County Emergency Communications District Board of Directors:
• Madeline Rogero* – Mayor – Personnel Committee
• Bill Cole – Citizen Representative Chair – Finance Comm.
• Linda Murawski – Citizen Representative
• Chief Stan Sharp – Knoxville Fire Dept. – Knoxville Fire Chief Chair – Personnel Committee
• Sheriff J.J. Jones – Personnel Committee
• David Rausch – Knoxville Police Chief – Finance Committee
• Brad Anders – Citizen Representative – Personnel Committee
• Tim Burchett* – Knox County Mayor – Finance Committee
• Ken Knight – Citizen Representative – Finance Committee
• Russell Frazier – Citizen Representative – Personnel Committee
Daron Long – Citizen Representative
2015 Board Meeting Dates
The list of dates for the 2015 KCECD Board meetings is as follows:
- January 21st @ 8:30 a.m.
- April 15th @ 8:30 a.m.
- June 17th @ 8:30 a.m.
- October 21st @ 8:30 a.m.
All meetings will be held in the multi-purpose room at 605 Bernard Avenue.