What is 9-1-1?
9-1-1 is the number utilized in North America to report an emergency. Although it is in wide use, it is by no means universal. Rural areas may still utilize seven digit numbers for the police department, fire department, and ambulance services. Check the inside cover of your telephone directory for numbers valid in your area.
The Emergency Communications Center operation is the heart of the public safety system for Knoxville-Knox County. The center operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is responsible for answering 9-1-1 and non-emergency phone lines. Communications personnel also dispatch Police, Fire, Sheriff and Emergency Medical Services to the citizens of Knoxville.
In Case of Emergency
Please call 9-1-1 to request ambulance, fire, or police response or go to your nearest emergency room.
For non-emergency situations, please call 865-215-1179.
2017 Board Meeting Dates
The list of dates for the 2017
- January 18th
- April 19th – 8:00 a.m. Finance Meeting
- April 19th
- June 12th @ 3:00 p.m. Personnel Meeting
- June 13th @ 2:00 p.m. Finance Meeting
- June 21st @ 8:20 a.m. Finance Meeting
- June 21st @ 8:30 a.m. Board Meeting
- October 10th @ 3:00 p.m. Blue Wing Workshop
- October 18th – 8:00 a.m. Finance Meeting
- October 18th – Board Meeting
All meetings will be held in the multi-purpose room at 605 Bernard Avenue at 8:30 am.