CONGRATULATIONS to our newest Board members County Mayor Glenn Jacobs, Sheriff Tom Spangler, and Police Chief Eve Thomas!
CONGRATULATIONS to the newest members of our 9-1-1 family
What is 9-1-1?
9-1-1 is the number utilized in North America to report an emergency. Although it is in wide use, it is by no means universal. Rural areas may still utilize seven digit numbers for the police department, fire department, and ambulance services. Check the inside cover of your telephone directory for numbers valid in your area.
The Emergency Communications Center operation is the heart of the public safety system for Knoxville-Knox County. The center operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is responsible for answering 9-1-1 and non-emergency phone lines. Communications personnel also dispatch Police, Fire, Sheriff and Emergency Medical Services to the citizens of Knoxville.
In Case of Emergency
Please call 9-1-1 to request ambulance, fire, or police response or go to your nearest emergency room.
For non-emergency situations, please call 865-215-1179.
2018 Board Meeting Dates
- April 18th
- June 13th @ 10:00 — Finance Meeting
- June 20th
- September 26th @ 9:00 — Finance Meeting
- October 16th @ 3:00 p.m. – Finance Meeting
- October 17th @ 8:00 a.m. – Personnel Meeting
- October 17th @ 8:30 a.m. – Board Meeting
- November 26th @ 2:00 – Called Personnel Committee Meeting (cancelled)
- December 20th @ 10:00 a.m. – Called Personnel Committee Meeting
All meetings will be held in the multi-purpose room at 605 Bernard Avenue at 8:30 am.