The Knox County Emergency Communications District operates a state-of-the-art facility providing support to law enforcement, fire and emergency medical services.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and offer excellent compensation including:
- Paid employee health and life insurance
- Liberal vacation, sick, uniform and retirement benefits
- Pay for performance programs that reward excellence
- Salary increase upon completion of state certified training
- Flex time and duty trades
- Credit union membership
- A professional environment staffed by caring people
Top Pay Rate 13.66/hr & 14.16 after training
Email: M. Boone for more details.
IT Support Specialist
PAY RATE: $35,000 to $45,000 annually – DOE
Applications are being accepted for IT Support Specialist at the Knox County Emergency Communications District. Your application will be screened for the minimum requirements listed below. Names of candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be placed on an eligibility register. Your name will remain on the list for a period of one year. To apply for this opening, a letter of intent along with information on your qualifications is required. Seal the letter and forward it to the Standards & Compliance Specialist. Contact Melissa Boone with any questions.
At Knox County 911, we are the focal point of public safety. The successful IT Support Specialist will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide technical assistance to the 911 operations team in resolving technical problems. It will cover a multitude of technical disciplines. The IT Support Specialist must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with a demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. Regular activities include network configuration and troubleshooting, project management, data cabling, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom/PBX administration, root cause analysis in problem solving, and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department. .
Associates degree preferred in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Expertise in one or more specialized areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Cisco IOS (CLI)
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to stand/walk for 10-12 hours per day
- Willingness to work flexible hours and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays
Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/radio with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Application materials will be screened for the above-listed minimum requirements. Applicants are subject to physical and psychological screenings. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be scheduled for interviews. Final decisions are based on a combination of qualification and interview.
APPLICANTS MUST PASS ALL COMPONENTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYMENT.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
KCECD DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, VETERAN STATUS, OR DISABILITY CONDITION IN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.